The European Market for Plastic Sorting and Recycling
The demand for plastic recycling plants in Europe will increase significantly in the years to come: by 2025, sorting and recycling plants with an estimated capacity of 5.2 million tons will be commissioned. This is a growth of 25% and the number of plants will increase by about 300. Within the waste management sector, recycling will thus be one of the most important growth markets in the next years.
Today, Europe has almost 1,200 active plastic sorting and recycling plants. However, this portfolio will not be large enough as recycling becomes increasingly important.
The EU Waste Framework Directive will be the main market driver. By 2020, 50% of the plastic in MSW have to undergo material recovery. Almost no EU member state has yet reached this goal, which creates financial challenges for many countries.
The market study “The European Market for Plastic Sorting and Recycling” includes:
- the collection of information on and analysis of 1,200 plastic sorting plants in Europe, including technical data and contact addresses
- a valid estimation of the future market development by country, based on a transparent methodology
- a competition analysis of the most important operators of sorting and recycling capacities in the European market
- an overview of the most important plant technology and the cost dimensions within the plastic recycling industry
- a sound explanation of the European legal framework
The study is available in English and German from 3,400.- EUR plus VAT.
Tel. +49 221 788 03 88- 14
Fax +49 221 788 03 88- 10